All the competitive athletes and fitness buffs who want to enhance their sports performance remain in the constant hunt for the suitable sports pills. Some people are suspicious of the results and wonder whether taking sports supplements can give them faster and more effective results without toiling too hard. There are some others who are scared of their side effects and want to know whether these pills are safe for them.
What Are the Sports Supplements? A Quick View:
Sports pills or sports supplements are known as ergogenic aids. These products are meant for increasing athletic performance and include vitamins, amino acids, minerals, useful herbs and much more. These products are safer to use and hence they are normally available over the counter without any prescription.
Some people consider them as dietary supplement and dietary supplements and they do not need FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approval before hitting the market. That apart, manufacturers need not follow the FDA’s present good manufacturing practices so that customers can be assured of the quality and safety of the product. FDA can take action if the product is found to be unsafe once it hits the market.
Pros and Cons of Sports Pills:
Athletes who want to boost their performance and are taking sports pills should be well informed about the pros and cons of them. Every year, thousands of sport pills hit the market, but the impact of these pills vary from person to person. Enumerated here are certain advantages and disadvantages of these pills.
- It helps in maintaining a good physique of the players.
- It is important to select the kind pill that suits you the best and helps you increase your performance which in turn increases the self-confidence.
- Taking these pills enhances your physical activities, although the results are temporary.
- It increases your muscle mass and provide you a great amount of stamina and vigor.
Positive Health Effects:
- Though the results that these performance enhancing pills give is transient and often people consider it as a negative part, but these drugs have a positive impact on health in some situations. But, these drugs can affect your health in a positive way when it is appropriately used and as per the directions of a sports practitioner. For instance, steroid drugs help in reducing the swelling caused by the inflammation caused by the sickness or allergies.
- These pills provide a temporary relief from a few symptoms. People use this drug to get relieved if the swelling is located in any dangerous or uncomfortable region of the body.
- The positive health effects are usually only provided in specific situations. It provides short-term relief from certain symptoms, which can help if swelling is located in an uncomfortable or dangerous area of the body.
Negative Health Effects of Sports Pills:
On the one hand where performance enhancing sports pills increase stamina, vigor and physical abilities, it also has certain negative impacts on health which cannot be overlooked. When these drugs are used consistently they can pose a serious risk to your health. A few adverse impacts of sports pills are as follows:
- Damage of liver.
- High cholesterol levels
- Severe depression.
- Aggressiveness in behavior and constant mood swings.
- Irregular heart beats and other heart ailments
- Stress and hypertension.
The exact health risks of these drugs vary from person to person and with age. For instance, teenagers are at the risk of not growing further and mature people may face the risks of baldness or the anomalous growth of tissues in the unnatural regions. Its regular usage may result in its addiction, which is dangerous.
Reduced Athletic Ability:
Though the short-term usage of sports pills enhances stamina and also muscle building abilities, but if these are consumed regularly for years, they reduce the ability to perform athletic tasks. Steroids of these pills may result in depression, lack of motivation, lack of interest and increase in body weight. These stimulants may also cause side effects like dizziness or cramping. Long-term usage of sports pills is not advisable as they reduce natural sports abilities when taken for a long time. Lack of interest, depression, stress, hypertension, weight gain and lack of motivation are some of downsides of taking sports pills.